Monday, April 11, 2011

Florence

The first stop on my trip was Florence.  This was my third time visiting Florence- I love this city!  It is large enough to have a lot to explore, but not so big that it feels overwhelming.

We were in Florence because my travel partner Summer Watkins of Grey Likes Weddings was asked to style the wedding for Dale and Meredith Benfield.  Here are some pictures of the gorgeous reception taken by Becker.  See more of his amazing images here.



And the glowing newlyweds!  Thank you Dale and Meredith for allowing me to be a part of your special day!


And back to Florence.  We stayed at The Four Seasons which was just unbelievable.  It is a converted 16th century convent with expansive beautiful gardens.  It was a real treat to get to stay at such a fabulous hotel!  I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Florence.



Our room and our bathroom.  Everything felt so grand!

The Four Seasons is slightly outside of the main area of Florence, but still just a short walk to everything.  The street the hotel is on has many small restaurants and shops.  This area had a much different feeling than the areas directly surrounding the tourist attractions which I really enjoyed.


The view of the gardens from our room

Next I will be posting some of our favorite food finds in Florence!

No comments:

Post a Comment